Thursday April 6, 2023
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
at Turning Stone Resort and Casino
5218 Patrick Rd, Verona, NY 13478
An additional and optional session will be held the afternoon of
Wednesday April 5, 2023
This will include several speakers and a reception with our exhibitors and sponsors.
More details to follow.
Sessions are currently being planned for Thursday April 6th.
*For assessors only, there will be one morning and one afternoon session*
Current list of topics to be covered:
- Policies and Procedures for Managing your Local Government
- The EMS Cost Recovery Act (allows volunteer fire departments to recover costs for emergency medical services)
- Article 78
- ZBA Basics
- Accounting for Clerks
- American Rescue Plan Recovery Act (ARPA) Reporting
- An Update to NYS’s Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA)
- SEQRA Basics
- ZBA Decisions
- Permitting for Highways
- Succession Planning/Knowledge Transfer
- Funding Opportunities for Local Governments
- First Amendment Audits
- Hot Topics in Planning
- Board Procedures for Planning and Zoning
- Open Meetings Law
- Q&A About Planning and Zoning